There are a number of reasons why one may have a blood clot. It may be caused by heart condition, high blood pressure or physical trauma. Whatever the case, a blood clot is very dangerous to have as it can cause a wide range of other problems if left untreated. One of the best and most common treatment options is by the use of Clexane 40mg injections that contain Enoxaparin which is used in the prevention of blood clots in ill patients who are at a risk of developing them, or treating existing blood clots.
How Clexane treats blood clots
The Enoxaparin contained in the drug is the active anticoagulant in treating blood clots in the legs. It works by thinning out the blood to allow the blood to easily flow hence reducing the clot and finally finishing it. it works very fast which is why it is in injection form so as to address the problem as fast as possible so as to prevent bigger problems such as stroke that are caused by untreated clots.
There are important things that you have to tell your doctor before getting the medication prescribed such as:
- Blood clotting condition.
- High blood pressure.
- Artificial heart vessels.
- Pregnancy or planning on getting pregnant.
- Any allergies to food and substances.
How to take Clexane injection for best results
- It is advised that you take the injection every day at the same time. This allows it to work effectively in treating the clot and to avoid overdose in case you take it too early.
- The injection should be done under the skin at the abdomen. It is best if you do not change to another body part as it may have some adverse effects to the patient.
- Do not stop using unless under the advisement of the doctor.
Common Clexane side effects
- Swollen legs.
- Anemia from not having adequate red blood cells in the body.
- Prolonged bleeding due to the thinned out blood.
- High fever on some occasions.
All these effects are generally normal when you are taking the drug. However, you should visit the doctor if it gets out of hand especially if it lasts 15 minutes without stopping. Also if you see any blood in urine, stool or vomit, you should inform your doctor as soon as possible. You can also have rebound clots once you stop taking the drugs so watch out for symptoms such as chest pains and problems breathing.
It is important to ensure that you have completed your whole dose to prevent the clot from starting and to visit the doctor whenever you feel something is not right. Remember a blood clot is very dangerous and could prove fatal in some instances.
The Clexane 40mg injection is one of the best medications for blood clots so you need to ensure that you follow exactly what the doctor told you. In case of overdosing on the medication you should visit the nearest emergency hospital near you for medical attention.